Chana Dal 3//4th Cup.
Toor Dal 1/4th Cup.
Rice 2 Tbsp.
Dried red Chillies 2
Ginger 1-2 inch piece.
Mint Leaves 10-12 Leaves
Cumin Seeds 1 Tsp.
Fennel Seeds 1 Tsp.
Cinnamon Stick 2 (1 inch stick.)
Cardamom 2 Pods.
Salt To Taste
Curry Leaves 2 springs (Roughly chopped)
Coriander 2 Springs (Roughly chopped)
Turmeric ½ Tsp.
Garlic 1 Clove
Onion 1 ( medium sized, chopped)
Oil To Fry
- To a bowl add Chana dal, Toor dal and rice. Rinse them couple of times and soak in warm water for an hour.
- To a mixer jar add dry red chillies, half portion of the soaked dal, ginger, garlic, mint leaves, cumin, fennel, cinnamon and cardamom. Grind it to a coarse paste.
- Add rest of the dal, salt to taste and pulse it couple of times. The batter should be coarse and not too smooth.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add curry leaves, coriander, turmeric and chopped onions and mix well.
- Shape them in to patties and deep fry them in hot oil till Golden brown in both the sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or just plain as Tea/coffee time snack or as a starter.