All Purpose Flour / Maida – 3 cups + more as needed
Yeast – 1 tblspn
Warm Milk – 1 cup + more
Powdered Sugar – 3/4
cup + 2 tblspn
Vanilla – 1 tblspn
Butter / Oil – 2 tblspn
Baking powder – 1 tblspn
For Cooked Chocolate Glaze:( I made this one )
Sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4
Milk – 1/4 cup or adjust
For Simple Chocolate Glaze:
Powdered Sugar / Icing Sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Milk – 3 to 4 tblspn or adjust.
- Take 1 tblspn yeast, 1 tblspn sugar and 1/4 cup of warm milk in a bowl and let it sit for 5 mins till it foams up.
- Now take milk, vanilla and melted butter or oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Now take flour, powdered sugar, baking powder in a large mixing bowl and mix that well.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and milk mixture in this and form into a dough.
- Grease a large bowl with oil and transfer this dough into that. Cover that with a plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 1 hour or till it doubles in size.
- Now punch down the dough and roll that out.
- Now using a large cutter and a small cutter cut out the donuts. Take the extra dough from that and roll and cut them again.
- Leave that to rest for 10 mins.
9.Now heat oil for deep frying on a medium heat.
10.Drop the donuts and fry them carefully till they turn golden on each side. This will take around 2 to 3 mins. Fry the dough holes as well.
- Drain them in a paper towel..
- Now make the glaze. Take sugar in a kadai. Add in milk and mix that well. Let the sugar dissolve, now add in cocoa powder and mix well. This will form into a thick glaze. You can adjust the milk as per your need.
- You can also make simple chocolate glaze by mixing powdered sugar, cocoa and milk till it reaches the desired consistency.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze till it is coated.
- Drain them on a wire rack.
16.Enjoy with a cup of chai.