Soya Chunks Coconut Milk Biryani Recipe
Super delicious and flavourful soya chunks biryani which taste so delicious with plain raita and papad
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Ghee – 2 tblsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Onion – 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli – 1 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
- Tomato – 1 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Soya Chunks – 2 cups cooked
- Basmati Rice – 1.5 cups
- Coconut Milk – 1.5 cup
- Water – 1.5 cup
- Salt to taste
For Grinding :
Tomato – 1 chopped
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Cook soya chunks as per package instructions and set aside.
- Take tomato, fennel seeds and cinnamon in a blender and puree fine.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add bay leaf and sizzle.
- Add onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till golden.
- Add tomatoes and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add soya chunks and mix well.
- Add rice, water, coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins till rice is done.
- Fluff it up and serve
copy the below code