Prawn Fried Rice
The key for a perfect fried rice is the rice, you have to cook it till it is aldente or perfectly fluffy. And if you use pervious day cooked rice, then your fried rice will be even better. I started by making a marination for prawns and sauteing them separately then adding that to rice, because i wanted the prawn to have as much flavour as the rice has.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups cooked one.
- Oil – 2 tblspn
- Garlic – 5 fat cloves chopped finely
- Ginger – 1 tblspn chopped finely
- Green Chilli – 1 chopped finely
- Onion – 1 medium size chopped finely
- Capsicum / Green Bell Pepper – 1/2 chopped finely
- Soy Sauce – 1 tsp or to taste
- Vinegar or Lemon Juice – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Spring Onion – a handful finely chopped
For Marinating Prawns:
Prawns – 12 medium size ones
Salt to taste
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Vinegar or Lemon Juice – 1 tsp or to taste
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp or to taste
1.Cook Basmati Rice without adding any spices. Set aside. You can even cook the rice the day before and store it in fridge and use the next day for best results.
- Take Prawns in a bowl. Add all the ingredients given in the list and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Add in the prawns and cook them for 3 to 4 mins till it is curled and cooked.
- Remove it and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and capsicum. Saute for a min.
6.Now add in soy sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper.
7.Add in the cooked prawns and toss well.
- Add in the rice and fry for 2 mins
- Now finish with lots of spring onions. Toss once.